Monday, September 30, 2013

Revolution of a cyclist: OMG

Today I registered my intention to register for the Tjejvättern cycle event in Sweden next June.

That's right, I had to register to register, like pre-registering only I still have to register when registration is open. But I had to register my intent to get the magic numbers I will need to actually register tomorrow. It feels like I've fallen into a weird Swedish Abbot and Costello skit on wheels.

And they have this stress-inducing "count down to the ride" in days, hours, minutes and yes, by God, seconds on their website. I'm already worried that 249 days, 11 hours, 24 minutes and 54 seconds aren't enough for me to prepare. Which is ridiculous because it's not an actual race, just a timed ride through the bucolic Swedish countryside with 6500 other women from around the world.

I kind of feel like throwing up. Or at least I'd like to announce my intention to feel like throwing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment